soft wash VS power wash...?

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by stvsloan, Mar 20, 2009.

1. rrtservices

rrtservices LawnSite Member

Apples to Oranges. The roof cleaning methods described earlier are for asphalt shingle roofs, not concrete roofs. I've never done or seen a concrete roof myself so I can't comment on the proper way to clean one, but I would assume it would be the same as other concrete surfaces.
  2. TheCleaningDoc

TheCleaningDoc LawnSite Member

When using these torture devices and they say low pressure what they mean is somewhere in the area of 500 to 1000 psi.

I use a 12v pump that puts out about 60psi. about the average house faucet and I don't have to get on the roof to clean.

Basically the equipment needed

12v pump
    3/4' hose with spray nozzle
    chemical tank
    then everything to connect all of these.

These guys are there all day and cleaning the roof the proper way makes it stay clean longer. I can normally clean a average roof in under 2 hours.
  3. PressureWashE

PressureWashE LawnSite Member

Bump to that, Low pressure cleaning not only cleans better and safer, But makes your time on the Jobsite cut by more than half.

for me to explain soft washing and procedures, We could be here all night.
  4. TheCleaningDoc

TheCleaningDoc LawnSite Member

5. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

I have been getting a lot of calls from other contractors on "how to wash roofs". I figured this thread could use a bump since it has so much god info on soft washing vs power washing. I have a video on my web site showing roof washers in NJ washing a asphalt shingle roof and our feet never leave the ground. That roof took less than a hour to wash and the home owners were thrilled with the results
  6. SMSnyder

SMSnyder LawnSite Member

The pressure tek forum, roof cleaning forums, and the forum on the roof cleaning institute is a good start for anyone interested in reading. I can't believe how much you guys make spraying bleach and soap on a roof. I gotta get me kit from pressure tek.
  7. panacea714

panacea714 LawnSite Member

I know this is an old post but would you be able to forward me the documentation on Soft Washing you mentioned.

Thank you, Rob
  8. robertwilkins

robertwilkins LawnSite Member

Hello Everyone,

I am reading a lot of positive things about using chemical solutions from other pressure cleaning companies online and I think that their can be some value to using this method. I have personally tested chemical solutions and found that the job ends up getting the same results when compared to hard pressure cleaning. This is especially helpful when getting a pressure cleaning job for a roof, not only do you spend a faction of the time on a job, it is much safer for your employees or yourself if you are a one man operation.

I encourage anyone who is looking to try this out to contact my Coral Springs Pressure Cleaning Company so that we can show you first hand the benefit of using chemical solutions to clean your roof or other similar surfaces.

That you for your consideration.

-Express Pressure Cleaning LLC.
  9. Veteran Roof Treatment

Veteran Roof Treatment LawnSite Member

There is definitely a right and wrong way. Not only do you have to use the right chems and at the right mix, you also have to know enough about it to not kill plants as well. There is a big difference in someone being a "professional roof cleaner" and killing 20 bushes a year, and someone that takes the time and has the know how to not kill plants.