1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Softer Cutting Edge

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by SLSNursery, Jan 23, 2000.

1. SLSNursery

SLSNursery LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone ever plowed a rubber type coated parking garage roof? We have one, and haven't had a chance to do anything but salt it. I have a skid steer with an extra fisher blade that we were going to try, maybe with a modified edge, some rubber, etc. I think the poly edges may still be too hard. Any advice out there??<p>P.S. Dino and others - Good thing we didn't get too excited about today in southern CT. They were calling for 1-2, maybe 3. I thought they weathermen meant inches, evidently they meant flakes!! <p><p>----------<br>Phil Grande - Soundview Landscape Supply - http://members.aol.com/slsnursery<br>Ivy League Landscaping - http://members.aol.com/scagrider
  2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

I wish I could be wrong 90% of the time and still have a job. But look out BIG ONE on Wed.<br>Now if you belive that I Have some land for you.<br>I would look at the urethane edges, they are hard in the respect that they wear well, but are pliable enough not to damage any thing.<br>I was watching the other truck of ours with one mounted and he went right over a man hole cover that makes my steel edge jump,and the blade just bent under and made no fuss whatsoever. Nice thing is you can use on that roof, and still plow open lots and have the wear resistence better than steel.<br>Phil you may need to take a road trip and check mine out,and see if they will work for you. I am calling an order in on monday so I can let you know how the lead time is.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org
  3. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

They say a big one on thursday up here. Only that was what they said last thrusday about the storm that was going to hit us on monday, now it's out to sea.<p>Geoff
  4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

SLS,<p>We plow some of those. They have a special rubberized coating that needs to be plowed with a rubber cutter edge plow. Half of our trucks rear plows have rubber cutter edges and 2 have rubber cutter edge front plows. The work well in special need circumstances, but don't scrape well.
  5. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Phil spoke with my supplier today and they said no problem with the urethane edge. It runs about 19.50 per foot. <br>Urethane edges have been used for years at airports where the runway surface is very delicate. SO they will be fine for a roof top coating used on parking garages, and the upside is that they work great on any surface, so your plow wont be tied up just on that job. And they scrape great. <br>E-mail me for more info.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org