"Softscapes"????? Lighting?????

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Perfect Lawnscapes Inc., Nov 23, 2007.

1. Perfect Lawnscapes Inc.

Perfect Lawnscapes Inc. LawnSite Member

I am starting a full service LCC and I want to offer "small" Landscaping services. I have seen alot of "blown-out" walls in my area, and don't want to hassle with them. I do know ponds....basicly(done 4) and I would like to get into landscape lighting. My question is . Does anyone offer somthing like this, if not, would it be a good Idea? (geared more toward young homeowners.)
    p.s. one of my customers children smashed his face off their back yard landscaping wall.....bad!!! this is what prompted me to think of this.

2. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

This is hard to follow.You are saying that you are starting a "full service LCC" and in the next sentence you don't want to do walls. You say you "know ponds" and want to get into lighting. Then you ask if anyone offers something like this.

What is it that you are offering? What does your customer's child's accident have to do with what you are talking about?

3. Perfect Lawnscapes Inc.

I offer Lawn applications (Illinois applicator,turf, ornamentals, right-of-way, mosquito), Mowing, Pest Control(i'll get my structural license in a couple weeks) small tree trimming, shrub trimming, cleanups and snow removal.
    1. I am a one man operation. 2. I personally don't like the way a lot of walls look. 3. If I a marketing services to a specific group "young homeowners" the kid/faceplant story is a good way to get them away from walls(unless walls are needed erosion control etc.) and a ton cheaper. 4. lighting and ponds down the road a little bit. but I will be experimenting on my own property w/ lighting in the near future. does this information suffice?

4. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

I now know what you do now, who you want to market to, that you don't like retaining walls, and you want to do lighting and ponds down the road.

You have not said what it is that you want to do now and what you are going to market. Communication is everything in marketing. This is not a great start.

5. Perfect Lawnscapes Inc.

You are right.:laugh:

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

kids can be hurt and could even be killed by ponds... so playing on the danger of walls, but installing ponds sounds like a bad argument

7. Perfect Lawnscapes Inc.

you are right too!....I think I'll stay away from landscaping for now and just be a 3/4 service LCC. lol

8. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Yeah, I ran into a tree when I was a kid and look where it's gotten me! :dizzy:

Also, when I was a kid we used to ride our BMX bikes off of walls for the thrill of it. :weightlifter:

If ponds were a big deal back then we would have snorkled in the damn things! :hammerhead:

I also remember throwing rocks from a gravel driveway that some landscaper installed at some private property. :walking:

Ever get your azz stuck on a Washington Hawthorn? :) Take my advice.......don't try to climb these babies!! :hammerhead:

I was going to install a timber wall once but thought that someone may come along and tear off one of the top ties and run it thru the front door at a local bank 6 miles away and steal some money.........so I turned down the job!! :usflag:

9. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Like the others, I don't really get what you are asking or even fully comprehend what you are saying......

:dizzy:

10. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

''"If I a marketing services to a specific group "young homeowners" the kid/faceplant story is a good way to get them away from walls(unless walls are needed erosion control etc.) and a ton cheaper""

This statement sounds silly...

Learn to build walls better than those you see around you and make some money.

IMO, you can't be a high end, full service landscaper and shun wall building.