Software Available??

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by evergreenlandscaping, Feb 7, 2004.

1. evergreenlandscaping

evergreenlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from raleigh

I am looking for software to use as a sales tool. I don't need anything to complex, but I am looking for a program that will basically show design and head locations. Anyone aware of a software in which this type of thing can be generated say in less than 20 minutes or so. I have always printed estimates from my truck but wanted away to generate a design to go along with them????

2. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using a didgital camera to take shots of proposed head areas. I first lay out the flags.

I also use Microsoft Visio which is a basic program that can quickly do some landscape layouts and has some irrigation tools.

I am also really into how I present my proposals. I like to list out the main parts such as heads, valves, controllers, sensors. I also attch brochures for each. And lastly a layout and digital shots of their property. Going the extra mile to show and present to the customer what they are paying for will set you apart from those that walk in and just shoot a price.

3. ldr1976

ldr1976 LawnSite Member

rainmaker software is a good tool that i use. Little costly about 450.00 but it gives you databases from all types of products figures all pressure to heads and flows, inlcuding elevation changes. It will take a little bit to get used to but i can design a 8-10 zone system in about 20-25 min. depending on landscape

4. ldr1976

ldr1976 LawnSite Member

Rainmaker is what i use and i have good luck, vareity of datebases from all manufatures to choose from. It will figure all friction loss, pressure and flow. Includeing elevation changes. Littly pricey though 450.00