Software comparisons

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by StBalor, Jan 14, 2007.

1. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I downloaded, lawnpro and groundskeeper pro. I installed lawnpro and groundskeeper. Thought it might be cool if a few other people tried this and posted their findings since there was alot of posts recently about software. I tried to download the gopher demo in the past but could not get it to start up for some reason. After breifly looking at both of these programs, (maybe 15 min each). I notice how easy grounds keeper was to use. Unfortunately you get more options with the lawnpro and for less money.
    Now granted i only spent about 30 min on both programs so far but lawnpro gives you a variety of letters built into the program. Such as ... contract, proposals, customer surveys,payment past due and a few more. It also has a report section that shows you income and expence and much more.
    i also seen it has built in calculators for mulch, sod, fertilzer. Calculators for charging by the hour, square foot and Aeration.
    I will spend a bit more time learning both these programs but so far i am likeing the lawnpro better. It definetly has a lower price tag.
    So compare , and post your findings, likes and dislikes here.

2. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have researched a lot of software...Lawn monkey, turfgold, gopher, qxpress w/quickbooks, groundskeeper pro, Lawn pro, and I am waiting for Clip.
    -Gopher, according to many that have used it does not update their software.
    -Lawn monkey, not for me
    -turfgold, and excellent software, expensive, and has more than I need.
    -qxpress w/quickbooks, expensive, seems like it would be a hassle.
    -groundskeeper pro, I don't like the way it is set up, it looks like a mess.
    -Lawn pro, is cheap, and offers many things that I need. (my #1 pick)
    -Clip, I have heard good things about it, I haven't tried it out yet.

3. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

I have researched many and pretty much came up with the same pretty much the same conclusion...

Also Clip is a great program, and IMO by far the best, but it isn't cost efficient for smaller companys. Clip can automatically bill credit cards and all kinds of very useful options. It really is great software IMO. The Clip version I would need cost around $1150-$1300 (bad memory). Even for the Clip version that only accepts 150 accounts, and doesn't tranfer to quick books, still cost $800.

I am thining maybe lawnpro would be the way to go for now, then 2008 get Clip. I just don't want to go the the hassel and learning curve twice.

I haven't got a demo of lawnpro. Does anybody have a link?

4. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Link anybody?.

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I use lawnpro for mowing it is hard to beat.

6. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

7. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I like CLIP because you can start out basic and it will grow with your company.

Upgrades are the difference in cost between the two, which is fair.

It works for me now, and When my company is running at millions, it will be able to handle that also.

Tim

8. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I'm not ready to spend $800 to $1500 on software! $74 for lawnpro sounds great to me. I haven't been able to find the trial download either, I guess they don't offer it???

9. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I could not find the link where i got the trial version. But you can just get it from here http://www.saintsofwar.com/lawnpro/LawnPro2.exe

10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We have had it since last year and its been great! It looks like they have new software though, we paid 50 bucks! I like the mulch calculator, its very accurite along with a few other calculators in the program. My wife does all of our billing and one thing she would like to see is in the "unpaid invoice" section....she would like to be able to pull up unpaid invoices by customer name instead of all the unpaid invoices.