1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Software for business

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by esshaki, Dec 29, 2005.

1. esshaki

esshaki LawnSite Member

does anyone use LawnPro http://www.lawnprosoftware.com/ , i was thinkign about using it this upcomming season it looks like the perfect program for billing customers. just really wanted to know what other users of this program thought. I mean for 54.00 u just cant go wrong right?

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I think someone on LS tried it. Might try a search over there.

3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I know someone on here has. Try a search. I found that guy's site from this board. Didn't go with his product though so sorry can't give you a review.

4. FordManKubotaDreamer

FordManKubotaDreamer LawnSite Member

I use lawn pro. It is much faster then righting the bills and estimates out by hand, and it keeps track of all you income, taxes, and customer addresses for you. I bought the envelopes with the window and all i do is drop the invoice in and can mail it. I think its like a beginners program, but it will do what you want it to, it just doesn't have all the bells and whistles. If you have any more questions or need more details let me know.

5. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

i use Quickbooks Premier 2006. Takes a little work to learn but what a powerhouse of a program.

6. esshaki

esshaki LawnSite Member

sounds like it seems to be a fairly easy program , im only looking for something to keep track of customers, and how many cuts they get each month, im just tired of using excel for route sheets, and printing bills and labels with publisher. im probally gonna give lawn pro a shot and see how it works out i mean for 54.00 u just cant go wrong. thanks for the input

7. GlennZ

GlennZ LawnSite Member

Does it track how much time you spend on each job and how much you are making per customer? It may be a good short term solution but how about if you get bigger and want more. Then you will have to start all over again with another program.

Glenn
    Clip Lawn Care

8. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

E & K, I use LawnPro and I like it. It can be referred to as a starter program, but right now, it's all I need. It has alot of features that I like. It keeps track of customers and employees and equipment. Contracts, Estimates, Invoices, Invoice Payments, Expenses are a few of the topics it tracks as well. It even gives you numerous reports and a business summary. Oh, and it has all of the calculators you'll need, by the hour, by the square foot, fertilizer calculator and more. I think you'll like it. It covers the basics and a little more. And like you stated, you can't beat it for the money. Hope this helps! Let me know how you like it.

9. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Give us a review of it if you do buy it.

10. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

You might want to download Gopher's free trial and play around with it. You might find it worth the extra money, especially as you grow.

QuickBooks Pro 2006 is one sweet program, but it does not do scheduling, or invoice generating. It does have some really nice features to it though and if one can afford it, Gopher and QuickBooks 5together is an awesome setup.