1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Software for groundskeepers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by hartmas, Feb 22, 2005.

1. hartmas

hartmas LawnSite Member

I need to know what is the best groundskeeper/mowing software on the market and how much it cost? Thanks all!!!!!
  2. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer LawnSite Member
    from mtka,MN

I have noticed no replies to your thread so I thought I would ask what want this software to do? For bookkeeping only or for scheduling also. I use qbooks for accounting.
  3. hartmas

hartmas LawnSite Member

I have two employees and what I really want it for is adding charges, invoices, estimates. Keeping track of my costs, my employees hours etc.
    I see there is software called Groundskeeper Pro but it is 379.00. Thanks for your response. Steve
  4. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

I use Gopher and there about to implement the start stop time with the Palm Pilot where I can track my cost for each job so I'll be happy. I haven't tried anyone else other than Gopher but I'm extremely happy with it so far and I use it for everything you listed.

hope this helps, littlenic
  5. Tobruk79

Tobruk79 LawnSite Member
    from Fl

I like gopher but I think most of them offer a free trial.
  6. dsaldivar

dsaldivar LawnSite Member

I use Groundskeeper Pro and for the most part I like it.
    I like the fact that it is MS Access database and this allows me to use other technology tools to customize my own reports and do different types of productivity analysis.

I wish however, that Groundskeeper allowed me to enter start and stop times on my scheduled routes so I can quickly access this data.

Also, I'm familiar with accounting (graduated with accounting degree) so I do my accounting and other tax info in Excel.

So if you are handy with other applications, I would suggest Groundskeeper Pro. It has an attractive price, with good features.
    Hope this helps
  7. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 LawnSite Member

I use Gopher, When you call them they are very helpful and I think it is easier to use then Groundskeeper. I tried out the free trial on both of them. I know the price is a little scary but once you start using it you will decide it is a good investment.
  8. mikestr

mikestr LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

I tried about 3 or 4. Gopher by far is the best.
  9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Thanks everyone for all the positive comments. We are working on a lot to further improve this year for you.