Software for lawn care?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CuttinUP, Apr 25, 2005.

1. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone use LAWN PRO Software? Or is their a more commonly used one like Gopher?

2. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I downloaded the free Gopher trial and I've been very happy with it and will most likely buy it. A few glitches but I can deal with them.

3. GrassMasterNC

GrassMasterNC LawnSite Member

lawn pro just came out and looks very promising. The makers of it did a great job designing the program. It is very user friendly and great for mowing only service. I liked the looks of gopher, great for full service landscape management, but there are a lot of windows and glitches I am not too hot about. probably would just have to learn it better....won't buy it until I know exactly what it does and is what I want. It just has a few kinks that I don't like....if you are just mowing lawns, lawn pro is definately the way to go. Awesome price too.

Matt

4. Houston's

Houston's LawnSite Member

where do i get lawn pro?

5. Scottish LScape

Scottish LScape LawnSite Member

Gopher is the best thing going! Try it for free for 30 days & see what you think! Good Luck!

6. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I need to download gopher's software again, i tried it last year and just couldn't figure it out. I guess i'm slow :)

7. GrassMasterNC

GrassMasterNC LawnSite Member

Houston, here's the website:
    http://www.lawnprosoftware.com/

What do you like about gopher? I have been extremly busy this season and have not had the chance to sit down and figure it out... somethings I didn't like (or I couldn't figure it out right away) were there is no specific invoice date - my billing dates are from the 26th to the 25th. I want to be able to print invoices for services done that period automatically... I did like the chemical log, there is just a lot of stuff in there that I don't have time to sit down and screw with halfway through the busy part of the season...maybe when things level out and a good routine is established, I'll get the chance to look at it more. I did download and print out the manual, and will have to read it cover to cover twice or three times before I start toying with it...I am very picky about how I run my business, so if the program does not have exactly what I need in themanner in which I need it, even though it's a good program, I won't use it. Lawnpro, again, is very easy to use and perfect for outfits that just do mowing. the first version just came out and will be upgraded frequently after receiving more inoput from users.

Matt

8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Thanks everyone for thinking of us.

kc2006 we have added a lot more training videos online now to help you learn the program faster. Here is the training section.

Let us know if this helps.

9. J_Hurst

J_Hurst LawnSite Member

Does anyone actually have the LawnPro software?

According to the link above that takes you to their site you can "Sign-up" to be notified when it's release but I haven't been able to find the software.

I emailed Patrick last week and he said that it would be released within 24 hours but I haven't seen anything yet? Just checking to see if anyone knows what is going on.

10. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

I just ordered and am waiting for the activation code to use it. Looks pretty simple to use.