software for lawn treatment

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GREEN AS A GOURD, Feb 6, 2009.

GREEN AS A GOURD LawnSite Member

I am just getting started in the chemical app side,and looking for software suggestions.I have seen alot of talk about gopher,groundskeeper pro just to mention a few.Does anybody have a suggestion or preference????
  2. 1.2.3. green

1.2.3. green LawnSite Member

Gopher 99.00 cant beat it , easy to use, need to know more just ask
  3. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I like groundskeeper, you can demo it on the link above left corner.
  4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I've been using CLIP now for 15 years and love it. I understand it is very expensive now so I'm not sure if it would be worth the price.

GREEN AS A GOURD LawnSite Member

does gopher keep up with customers yard size,chemical applied,along with other info for record keeping?
  6. 1.2.3. green

1.2.3. green LawnSite Member

Yes, IT AUTOMATICLY FIGURES UP the cost of the application by the sq. ftg. of the lawn. Like for example.. 6000 ft lawn @ 12.00 per K = $72.00 AND it will calculate tax or no tax etc.GET THE DEMO YOULL LIKE IT
  7. Lawn Sens

Lawn Sens LawnSite Member

Qxpress works well. That is what we used for first few years. Went to Real Greens lawn and pest assitant a couple years ago, great for marketing.
  8. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Been checking out several software programs for lawn/tree spraying. Some new ones are fairly inexpensive (many are based off Quickbooks). But here's my question:

Programs say to enter the size of the lawn, and they will tell you what to charge. I got a prob with 'bout difficulty factors (there are many reasons we charge less or more depending). Like hills/slopes, driving distance, if the customer is always home and takes up valuable time, property needs more expensive products, etc, etc. :confused:

How about maps, etc of properties? We have many accounts where we have a map to show us the property lines, where not to treat, where to treat or not treat for grubworms, etc, how to gain access to properties by going through neighboring properties, multple "pull points" that show us the most efficient areas to park our spray rigs, etc.

Some programs cost over $10,000 while others say they can do the job for under $1000, and they still offer routine updates & online help (like QXpress). So why the difference? Are these "software newcomers" the real deal? rscvp, thanks

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Qxpress allows you to put in technitions instuctions for each job that pull up with everywork for that customer. It also allows you to save files associated with each customer. I suppose you could save maps, as well. I've only used to save "before" pictures, as well as problem areas to comapare for other seasons.

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

GROUNDS KEEPER here love it. but what program cost 10K