Software for Routing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by keith_480231, Aug 1, 2006.

1. keith_480231

keith_480231 LawnSite Member

Is there any kinda software that could help me with routing accounts???? Looking for some help with trying to come up with the fastest way.

2. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Dabbled with Delorme Street Atlas before we bought QXpress.....

3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Mappoint is excellent. Microsoft never goes wrong! Delorme Street Atlas is nice also though. We use both and like both for different reasons. Qxpress is the best scheduling software out there for QB users!!!

4. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, we're using Map Point now, as it was purchased as an add-on for QXpress.

Last year, we did our routes manually using Excel. Routing last year took hours each week. This year, it takes a manner of minutes to route mowing, fert, and landscaping.....

5. Team-Green L&L

Another happy QXpress client. I'm on the bandwagon.

6. keith_480231

So I have a questionfor you guys. Let me understand what you guys are saying. I can take customers in the same area and enter them and the software will tell me go to Mrs. Smith first then go to Mr. Adams and so on...?

7. Team-Green L&L

That...and much much more!

8. keith_480231

I really appreciate all your guys help! I am thinking of using this for snow removal and then again next year for landscaping. Just want to make sure especially during snow that I am not wasting any time. You guys know that time is money right?!?!? THANKS AGAIN GUYS!:usflag:

9. keith_480231

Any other suggestions or is it going to be final with QXpress?:usflag:

10. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

Your original question referred to "routing," which would infer that you want some kind of mapping assistant. MapPoint is good, as mentioned. I haven't used other maps, but I assume they are good as well.

If you are looking for a scheduling/billing type of software in addition to the mapping assistant, then Clip, QXpress, and a host of other programs will do this. That feature is pretty standard now in most upper end landscape software packages. In fact, if that type of system is what you are looking for, I would pay more attention to the other "non-mapping" features of the program, as well as the support offered...they are more important. Most of the mapping features of the landscape software programs are linked to MapPoint, so they should all be similiar as far as that function is concerned.

Good luck!

Dan Norton