software for start up

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by walkerds, Nov 4, 2012.

1. walkerds

walkerds LawnSite Member

Need help on finding out which software is best for starting a lawn care bussiness. need something to help with money taken in and money payed out,just away to keep up with it better and run buss. more efficient.

2. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

QuickBooks
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. walkerds

walkerds LawnSite Member

Thanks Weekend cut easymoney didn't think of that,was thinking I needed something like the grounds keeper pro or something on that line. Wife said she has quick books and that will save some money.thanks

4. terrabites

terrabites LawnSite Member

I just started 9 months ago and went with quickbooks online. I wanted to leverage technology as much as possible and its always available on my iPhone. I'm adding JOBBER this season to help me with scheduling and manhour tracking (choosing it due to price and its integration with quickbooks ONLINE). I now have 25 full time mowing accounts at the end of first season.

5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

We use quickbooks online also, I looked at jobber but wasn't really sure it was what we needed may take another look we maintain around 40-50 accounts looking to get at least another 25 this year really shooting for a 100.

6. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

We use clip scheduling software, but it also can do the billing...clip allows you to tranfer job data to quickbooks for billing....takew me about an hour or so once per month for 200 invoices

7. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

I second the jobber...I've been looking into this company and their system appears pretty solid. Look up service autopilot.com, heard a lot of good stuff about their system as well, and there are a few threads on here about them as well.

8. rm25x

rm25x LawnSite Member

Does anyone use Service Autopilot?

9. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

There are a bunch of people that like SAP and Real Green

Clip has some issues but a good program.
    I still not landed on one myself.

10. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

How big do plan on getting? if you only plan on staying a solo or just a few guys then you probably don't need SA. SAP is really expensive,don't know about real green.