software for start up

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by walkerds, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Sensation Man

Sensation Man LawnSite Member

Hey Jeff. I'm a quickbooks pro user & I'm looking for a mobil app for my android phone. The 2 key things I need are: A. the ability to record a customer payment on the run,so the customer's account gets credited. And B. Logging in the days field work in an easy streamlined fasion that eliminates the old pen and daily log sheet. I can't decide if I should upgrade to Q B pro plus. Q B mobil. Or get your Jobber app.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Sensation Man

Sensation Man LawnSite Member

I've been a Quickbooks pro user for the longest time & I really like it. If all u plan to use it for is the accounts recievable & payable then Q B does the job quite well. However for some more industry specific tools like daily routing and logging in the days work you may want to look into one of those other programs like Jobber.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Eastonlc

Eastonlc LawnSite Member

I know some guys that have Jobber and some that have Groundskeeper. When I first started his business, I created my own estimates and invoices on Word. 3 years ago I did a lot of research on lawn care software. I decided to go with LawnPro. As with anything, once you take the time and learn how to use it, it's pretty easy. You can also link it with Quick Books. I have not had any problems with it. It is a one time fee with NO monthly fees which is great. There are a bunch of programs out there and I am sure they all work fine. LawnPro just happens to work great for me.

4. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

Jeff, I'm going to be looking at software and with the cost of real green its likely it won't be them. I will give the free trial a shot.. Is there someone or some user tools to help set up the software initially?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Jobber

Jobber Sponsor

Hey SenMan,

To be honest, I'm not really familiar with quickbooks pro and I can't speak to their product very well. Do they have a free upgrade trial of some sort?

I can tell you that those two uses you described are part of our core functions and something we take a lot of pride in doing really well. I'd suggest just running a free trial with Jobber and seeing if that will make your life easier.0

Actually, you said it best here with your next post!

"I've been a Quickbooks pro user for the longest time & I really like it. If all u plan to use it for is the accounts recievable & payable then Q B does the job quite well. However for some more industry specific tools like daily routing and logging in the days work you may want to look into one of those other programs like Jobber."

;)

Cheers,

Jeff

6. Jobber

Jobber Sponsor

Hey TurfWerks,

Great! Glad to see you'll give us a whirl.

If you just go to the website www.getjobber.com you can sign up for the free 30 day trial from there. Just enter your details and create your Jobber account.

If you'd like, I can get one of our account reps to give you a shout and help you out. Just PM me your phone number. Alternatively, you could request a demo to go over the basics too.

You can start poking around yourself in the meantime and check it out.

Thanks,

Jeff

7. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Jeff.. it will probably be early next week.. I will pm you then..
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. toddharmon

toddharmon LawnSite Member

I use LawnPro 4 software. Anyone else use this?

9. Jobber

Jobber Sponsor

I should clarify that actually Jobber does do estimating and quoting. I just meant we don't have the fancy visuals that would cost you an extra arm and a leg.

Thanks,

Jeff