software: Gopher or Groundskeeper

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawnguy26, Jul 5, 2005.

1. lawnguy26

lawnguy26 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I'm just getting started. I've tried trial versions of both but can't decide. Any thoughts, opinions, critiques.......Thanks.

2. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

I use groundskeeper light and so far have not had any problems with it. It was very easy the learn and very straight forward. I believe that it is a good price for what you get but i doubt you could go wrong with either.

3. marionlandscape

marionlandscape LawnSite Member

I use Groundskeeper Pro and it works for me. I have had no problems with it so far but I have called tech support a few times with questions and they have not charged me for it. I don't use all of the features either such as payroll or the estimating section but some of the language was useful for my final contracts.

4. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I am demoing Gopher and find it to be excellent. Not sure if the others do this but the ability to sync with QuickBooks as a business grows is very powerful.

5. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I demo'd both last season and finally went with Gopher. Their support (if needed) is tremendous and they also are great contributor to Lawnsite.com. They offer many templates you can use for various marketing tasks & etc. As for their product, I like it a lot. The learning curve is a little bit longer with Gopher but it does more as well. A very good investment.

Buck

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

My vote is for GroundsKeeper Pro. The price is right and I particular like both the scheduling feature and well as the Pesticides applied on the invoice. Our State doesn't require us to list which chemicals were applied on the invoice, but I have a few Customer who request it.

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You openly admit you've never used Gopher software, yet you are calling it inferior? Ya ok, makes sense to me. If I was deciding between two softwares, hey I'd go off an opinion from someone that never used it, right on.
    Both Groundskeeper and Gopher are sponsors of Lawnsite. We purchased our software before either were sponsors here though, and I have been using Groundskeeper without any difficulties. I think you won't go wrong choosing either one.

8. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I have always found the Gopher guy to be very helpful. He is here for a reason and that is to make sure everyone knows what Gopher is and does. He pays sponsorship for the right to do so. Without sponsorship who is going to pay for the servers that this site runs on?

Gopher is an excellent product and I have used it. I demoed Groundskeeper quite some time ago and found it to be quite nice but for me Gopher is more powerful and the GUI just fits me a bit better. Can't go wrong with either one but if you were my brother and you forced me to pick for you I would say Gopher and Quickbooks. Your accountant would love you.

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Jodi

I didn't take the time to see if Groundskeeper was a sponsor also. I was thinking They were not a sponsor.

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Keith

Why two programs when one will work?