Software help

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by pasto_guy, Dec 28, 2007.

1. pasto_guy

pasto_guy LawnSite Member
    from VA

I want a software that can alert me when something needs to be done. So if I need to fertilize a property 4 times a year it will alert me that in two weeks or within the week I need to schedule it. Other things that would be beneficial are truck and mower maintence alerts. Just trying to simplify things in the off season. Even job costing would be a plus. I looked at qxpress but it seems pretty pricey. We run three crews with about 140 accounts so I don't know if qxpress is overkill or not. Can someone please help out. Thanks

2. dcwservices

dcwservices LawnSite Member

but problems with my lawn pro software. i have tried to contact the customer service by e-mail and telephone and have gotten nowhere. has anyone had any problems like this.

3. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

whats the problem I have lawnpro maybe I can help?

4. Frue

You have to ask yourself if you plan on growing If so then look into clip real green or qxpress. I know a company that runs quickbooks and clip and they service over a thousand customers.

5. fknippenberg

fknippenberg LawnSite Member

Clip is what I would use -you can schedule all your work based on a number of different parameters...

Also you can setup maintenance tasks as well the same way you would schedule work for a customer

Very worth the investment in my opinion.

6. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I use qxpress and it works fine.

7. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks like great software from what I have seen and heard, the problem is the high price tag that comes with it!

8. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Its not as expensive as Realgreen.

It is expensive. I think I paid 1200 for it (platinum version)

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I have lawn pro also...no problems however I'm wondering about how stable it is when the database grows....mine is like 20meg and it's getting a little slow.

nothing serious but just wondering

10. Frue

It is supposed to handle 10000 customers cannot be as slow as quickbooks.