1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by weedboy, Apr 20, 2004.

1. weedboy

weedboy LawnSite Member

Hello Guys,
    I'm new to this site and old to this business.I started my own weed control/fertilization business 3 years ago. So far things are going great. Just one problem.When I first started, I handwrote everything. Invoices, etc... Not bad at first, but ended up being a freakin headache. My second year I bought a new computer that had software that included ACCESS database. My wife dealt with this in her job so she set me up with it and it does all the basic functions I need it to. However, in some ways it's not very user friendly.Meanwhile, I've been growing leaps and bounds.... To make a long story short, I need some software that produces professional looking invoices,reports,etc..., is user friendly and isn't geared toward mowing or landscaping. Almost everything I've found on the net seems to be tailored to that end of the business or is so d@#$ complicated there's no way it could be user friendly. If any of you could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks again for any help.
  2. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

3. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

we also use realgreen
    a little bit of a learning curve
    but once you know it, it will save you lots of office time

any software you get on in the middle of season will be a headache...lots of data to enter at a time when time is scarce

good luck
  4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

5. williamslawn

williamslawn LawnSite Member
    from SC

6. weedboy

weedboy LawnSite Member

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.I think I've heard of the Real Green. I will check it all out and see what I can come up with. Thanks again.
  7. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

keep us posted on what you decide.
  8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I use Microsoft Publisher, design all my own publications. Got a decent photo printer and GOOD digital camera. Use Peachtree Accounting for my business. Kinda hokey but it was the way I set up my company 7 years ago and I just learn to live with it. One of these days I'm going to redo it, but it's definately not a top priority.
  9. Oops double post, sorry.

Mods, feel free to delete this extra post
  10. I use an Access application for all my invoice generation and work tracking and billing.

Access is very customizable and flexible when you learn how to get it the way you want it.

I considered the Qxpress and Real green options, but Access gives me what I want and it works well with other MS applications like Mappoint and Exel.

If you want a better explanation feel free to email me.