1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Software Price???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LoneStarLawn, Oct 10, 2000.

1. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wanted to see if anyone knows the price of Lawn Assistant from Real Green Systems?
  2. LoneStarLawn

I have found the price of a single version of Lawn Assistant III. The software itself is unmatched. I have demoed all types of programs and feel that we I make a move towards a program for our company that there will be no turning back...investing in software is like investing in equipment I want the software to be able to handle anything as we grow. The price....$4500.00. As an ex-programmer I find it very reasonable for what it can do. Any thoughts...
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

LoneStarLawn wrote:

{The price....$4500.00. Any thoughts...}

Yeah, are they crazy? How is any person who is just starting out in this business supposed to be able to afford any of the current overpriced offerings? All that companies just starting out need is:
    1. A billing program
    2. A calander program and
    3. A overhead tracking program.

If you want a cheap suite that does the job instead of buying high priced bloated software just get ahold of these 3 programs:

1. FF Billing Manager Pro $69.95 from http://www.mrtec.com This program creates invoices, tracks accounts receivable, produces scads of reports, prints envelopes and tons more.

2. Broderbunds Calender Creator $19.95 at Best Buy or your favorite software store. This program will make calenders with events (customers name) at any frequency that you like be it every 3 days, 2 weeks, 4 months or whatever you like. It will notify you when an event falls on a holiday, weekend or whatever. Just make up your schedule and print it out.

3. Quicken SE. This program came with millions of computers and shouldn't be too much trouble to find for free. This is a striped down version of Quicken but is considerably easier to learn and use. It does both kinds of basic accounting, profit and loss.
  4. LoneStarLawn

This software is not for those in small business...but for what it can do and the growth that we are recieving we are planning on purchasing in the next year or so...