Software Programs

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MCGRAIL LAWN, May 11, 2003.

1. I CURRENLTY USE MICROSOFT MONEY BUSINESS EDITION.

I HAVE A DEMO OF GROUNDS KEEPER PRO
    AND I DONT LIKE IT THAT MUTCH.

WHAT OTHER PROGRAMS ARE THERE

I HAVE HEARD SOME LIKE

LAWN MONKEY

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT IS OUT THERE AND WHAT I SHOULD TRY AND WHAT U RECOMMEND

2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you don't need scheduling in your business program give Medlin Accounting a try. You can download a fully funtional program from www.medlin.com It's not a very big program so it won't take long even if you only have dialup access. I've been using Medlins Accounts Receivable ($38 to buy) for the last 12 years or so. I've tried Clip, Lawn Monkey, Quick Books Pro, etc. and haven't found a program that was easier or more cutomizable than Medlin. Plus, it's only a fraction of the price of any of these other programs. The only drawback is that it doesn't have a scheduling module. Give it a try.

3. Old 5 LawnCare

Old 5 LawnCare LawnSite Member

I'm using Gopher, it's all round easier to set-up, and edit, not to mention scheduling.

The only other program I considered was Wintac (Not Wintac Green), I did'nt like GroundsKeeper either, to hard to navigate

4. DOES GOPHER OFFER A FREE DEMO

OR HOW DO I CONTACT THEM

5. Old 5 LawnCare

Old 5 LawnCare LawnSite Member

6. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

i got the new version of gopher 2002, used to use 98, its great i love it..

7. Georgiehopper

Georgiehopper LawnSite Member

I agree, Gopher is a great program. I have tried it several times and have just not gotten around to purchasing it...but I intend to.

8. tnt-g

tnt-g LawnSite Member

I bought the basic version of gopher 2003 and it is all that I need for scheduling and billing. It looks real professional on the invoices. the tech support is awsome. Best 300 dollars I have spent.

9. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

How does Gopher compare to Grounds Keeper Pro? Has anyone "side by side" compared them?

I've got the GK Pro demo now.

McGrail, what don't you like about it? I haven't had time to play with mine very much, but I have 5 customers added, and used it a little.

10. Georgiehopper

Georgiehopper LawnSite Member

I'm actually giving Lawn Monkey a try right now... I think Gopher is a little more user friendly ...cheaper too.