Software-Quickbooks + Qexpress

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JFGLN, Feb 7, 2007.

1. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Hello, We have been using Quickbooks for years, and finally decided to add some scheduling software to go with it. We went with Qexpress and are in the early stages of learning the new software. I think it's going to make the bookkeeping and scheduling more efficient. We mow around 200 properties a week.

Anyone else using Qexpress?

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yup. Two years now. We are a sprinkler repair company and I use it to schedule 2 techs. Works well, but I don't use it to it's full potential. I'm looking into more aspects of it this winter. I do like it a lot.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I've talked to a few people that have it, including my best friend, and they all like it. my friend loves it. Granted, he isn't the one that uses it....it is his secretary, but it works well for him. He mows around 250n accounts a week, ferts about 800 (total), and runs a landscaping crew, a flower and shrub crew, and an irrigation installation team. He keeps his stuff organized and well oiled.

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

For those with Qexpress...

Which version/level did you get? And at what cost.

For what I wanted to do (basically schedule projects that take longer than a day) I needed to get the highest version and they wanted something like 1200 bucks for the install, another 300 for the software to get installed in my PDA, and then another 200 bucks a year in 'fees' that covers tech support.

That was an initial cost of 1700 dollars...I just couldn't justifiy that. I can purcahse a laptop w/microsoft office, project, and quickbooks for less than that. Plus, the software was limited to that particular computer. For instance, if I lost broke my PDA than I would have to purchase the 300 option again, or if I purchased a new computer I would have to re purchase...

I did not like the idea of that

Any opinions, findings?

5. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Well, its been a month now of using Qexpress, I printed out our invoices on the 1st. It did take awhile to learn the new software, but it really has made keeping track of everything easier. Getting out the invoices at the end of the month isn't a big project like it was.