software review

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Mike M, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Hey, I'm looking at adobe photo shop and wondering if I should get dreamweaver, too. Anyone use either for websites, have feedback?

Tanks

2. bburian

bburian LawnSite Member

I use both and I also use Adobe Illustrator (used it for our logo). Most of my companies website was built from using Dreamweaver and Notepad.

I see alot of guys on here using site builder utilities that hosting companies offer...Id say if you have some knowledge of websites and HTML, then Dreamweaver is hands down the better tool for the job.

Dreamweaver is also very intuitive for beginning users, so if you wanna learn about HTML and websites Id say go for it...also boils down to how much you wanna spend!

:drinkup:

3. qwerty

qwerty LawnSite Member

I use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator quite a bit. You do understand that Dreamweaver is for web development and not an image editor and that Photoshop is for image editing and enhancing and not an html scriptor, right?

Otherwise they are great tools (if not just expensive), but you can build your site(s) just as well, and perhaps even better, with notepad. It's free and won't create clunky html like Dreamweaver and MS Frontpage sometimes do.

4. bburian

bburian LawnSite Member

just to append to what qwerty was saying....I agree that notepad is great for building sites without having unneeded code stuffed in there which sometimes happens with Dreamweaver.

I think were Dreamweaver lends its hand is after the core is built its alot easier to open Dreamweaver and change what you need to change than it is to go into notepad and hunt down where that code is.