Software Tools For Accounts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by inline lawn care, Aug 22, 2007.

1. inline lawn care

inline lawn care LawnSite Member

What are some good software tools or programs on my computer that I can
    use to keep track and record of things such as accounts payable and receivable? thanks

2. GroundForce007

GroundForce007 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

3. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Quick Books Pro edition and love it so far. Tons of options and room to grow.... good luck!!

Jason

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

On this note, one day I ought to go dive down through the software trove and see what I can scare up, there's a slew of free and betas and what have you, the hard part's all the weeding out.

For those of us on tight budgets, the open source movement can provide many a cost-effective solution, thou time is involved there's never any purchase cost associated, and if there is then it's not true open source... I use open source software for most of my needs anymore, Open Office is a great word processor and spreadsheet as one example, and there are many other great programs.

If you're in the mood:
    Source Forge Business software

The categories can be drilled down further, over on the right.
    To be blunt, you have to pore through the list and see what you can find, download, install, test, and so on.
    Other notes: You want at least a stage 4 beta or stage 5 Production/stable release, very few alphas are functional enough and below that it's even less developed.

However, it is up to you, it's either pay the money or spend the time, regardless of which option there is a cost.
    Of course if you're a programmer, the entire open source movement is based on collaborative development, to a point.

5. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Quickbooks is all I use, and it works great, if you can stomach the $$.

6. aracad

aracad LawnSite Member

I am a new, but I purchased Gopher software and so far I am very pleased. I love the ability to schedule my day with cuts and appt.

7. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

Most accountants prefer Quick books .
    It is easier for them and most know the program so well
    they can answer questions you have with it