software w/quickbooks for customer info

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tomoaktree, Mar 13, 2001.

1. tomoaktree

tomoaktree LawnSite Member
    from WNY

What do you guys use to keep track of all the data along with quickbooks ? (pricing , measurements , history etc.)

Tom

2. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you are trying to find a way to organize customer data outside of QB. Do I have this right?

Currently I have customer info on a crude database.
    Hard copies of all that stuff in a customer file where all the "history" data goes.

OTJ:
    I use a clipboard (Daily Record. ALL of the day's data goes here.)3 ring binder(Contact's business cards, Daily records of the last 4 weeks, etc) Briefcase (Big front zipper pocket for day's reciepts), Mechanical pencil (Always sharp, and erasable goof ups), calculator,etc.

Oh yea, also in briefcase, an assortment of all business promo stuff (cards, flyers, brochures, etc)

At the end of the day, I transpose the data from the Daily Record into the crude database and/or the appropriate files.

There has got to be a better/easier way!

[Edited by Island Lawn on 03-13-2001 at 08:41 PM]

3. tomoaktree

from WNY

Island lawn
    I've got the breifcase,clipboard etc. for the truck. I would like to back that info up (incase lost or stolen) on the computer somehow. Is there a program to keep track of everyone? Maybe even put photos in. Example... I would like to have easy access to each customer on the computer with turf area,line trim distance and lot size.Is spreadsheet the only way to go or is there a better method.

Tom

4. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

I use Lawn Monkey mostly for billing, but it will do pretty much everything you want. I'm not sure about the line trim part but if you ask they might be able to get that in there too. They're good like that.

5. tomoaktree

from WNY

Henry
    I would love to get lawnmonkey or something similar.Only problem is I have a brand new macintosh and there isn't one software company that I can find who makes something that is mac user freindly. I just bought the newest version of quickbooks that is prob. 5 years old. I like it so far but was wondering what software that I can use in addition to qb.
    Tom

6. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

MS Office. Not sure if they have a Mac version though. It will do everything you need plus. The spreadsheet & word proccessing programs (Excel & Word) interact with Quickbooks so its easy to coordinate between the programs.

7. greenlawncare

greenlawncare LawnSite Member

if you use the quickbooks program try qbexpress.com. Got all the regualar features of LM but fully integrates with QB pro. I don't use it, but played with the demo this weekend after seeing it in L&L mag. and was impressed.

8. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

We just recently purchased lawn monkey deluxe with the LMDC link (palm pilot). This program far exceeds anything i ever expected it to do. Though it was a large chunk of change I can see it paying for itself already. Will give you reports on just about anythign keep track of everything and is very thorough. You should def. give this one a look.

9. tomoaktree

from WNY

greenlawncare;
    I checked out qbexpress.com. and it looks great . Only problem is I have a Mac. Nobody makes anything for macs.:(

10. greenlawncare

greenlawncare LawnSite Member

Isn't there some program for macs called "virtual computer"?