1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ajordan193, Dec 12, 2005.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

what software are you guys using to mangae all of your accounts, invoices, etc...i'm looking for something basic since i will not be paying employees.

Thanks Andrew
  2. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

I use ACT. Once you learn how to use it, you can customize it, and it becomes a great contact management software. I also am using it for scheduling and routing of crews.
  3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Quick-Books pro now, about to switch over to Microsoft Small Business Accounting, we'll see how that goes.
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yes....let us know how that goes..ok?

As far as scheduling and invoicing goes, there are many out there and most will let you have a free demo. I persoanlly use Lawn Monkey. It will cost you around $850 and then another $300 a year for updates and tech support after the first year. PM me if you have and questions about it, if you are interested. A more affodable one is Gopher...go to their website to see prices.
  5. dsmrolla06

Wow, $850 plus $300 a year seems really expensive for lawn software. I was lucky enough to have act 6.0 and quickbooks pro for free, not to mention microsoft streets and trips for routing as well. I cant see spending the extra grand for software... I think act does a nice job with the scheduling as long as you learn how to use it. Not sure on the price of act, but i think its only 200-300.
  6. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

If you have some free time during the offseason, get MS Excel and with a little time you'll figure it out. I use that for Invoices, Estimates, weekly cutting and work schedule, employee hours and keeping a history of all work performed at each location. I only have one person working for me and about 50 customers, but it does the trick at a low cost.
  7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

You are right...it is, but it's a powerful piece of software. With all the features like mail merge, label making and too numerous to mention reports....I really like it. Take a look at Gopher...I think they are in your price range and have heard good things about the program and tech support.

Good luck
  8. dsmrolla06

I have a copy of both the lawn monkey and the q express demos. The gopher didnt work when i tried to open it. Im using act and am so far pretty happy with it. I can customize it to do pretty much anything, and it also has the customizable reports and mailmerge. I think i will save myself the few hundred bucks and stick with act and quickbooks. I dont see myself really neeing anything those cant offer.
  9. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

so how do you get your data from ACT to QB? im a QX user and have experienced absolutely no issues. I love this program.
  10. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we use quickbooks