software

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dmoney, Dec 18, 2005.

1. dmoney

dmoney LawnSite Member

I am looking for advice on software that would be good to use. I am doing weed and feed aling with some sprinkler maintenance. I was looking at microsoft accesss, but I can't find it without buying the microsoft office bundle. Any info would be appreciated!

2. I use Access and I love it. It allowed me to build just the right data traking system for my business.

Access is avaliable seperatly, but I found that I need the rest of the MS office stuff like Excel and Word.

Over the years, my little database has grown into something pretty cool.

Prepare yourself though, you will need to study up on Access and VBA if you really want a useful application.

Good Luck.

3. dmoney

dmoney LawnSite Member

I already have word and excel and things like that I was jsut looking for it seperately. Right now I have some time to work with it and refine it into my own

4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the upgrade to word, excel, etc...it comes with access.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Have you looked into any scheduling and routing software tailered to the green industry, like Gopher or Lawn Monkey?

6. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Another vote for MS Access.

If you have lots of money to spend, would make sense to look at Groundskeeper , Gopher, or Lawn Assisstant. However with limited budget, I went the Access route.

You have to be sharp with general database skills to make it work, but the advantage is you can design it to fit your needs from the ground up. It is basically an elaborate record keeping tool for me. But I now have worked it to the point that it can create an application worksheet for each upcoming round. I can also use it to determine products needed for the 2006 season with approximate cost.

7. ns400r

ns400r LawnSite Member

Ive been using Access, Word and other programs for the last 10years. Been very happy with it, however I think its time to move up to something like Lawn Monkey or Real Green for us.

Thats what brought me back to this board, looking for info on these programs or others out there.

Then I realized how much fun I had here

8. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use Lawn Monkey Deluxe.
    It is has a lot of very useful tools for marketing that I like. My prepay letters are a breeze to write. I include a list of all of the services each customer is scheduled to receive, the price for each application, the pre-pay discounted price for each app., the total prices and the total money saved with the discount. I can customize my letters to include just about any information from each account I want and have it imported into the letter. It takes very little time to write one letter and it customizes the customer info for each letter I print. I can do this for renewal letters, welcome letters, new sales letters as well as up-sell letters.

Scheduling is simple. Accounting is Quick books based. Has a lot of industry specific abilities.

If I had the customer base to justify it, I would prefer Real Green Systems. But, for the money and the size of my customer base, Lawn Monkey will serve me until I reach more than 1500 clients.

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I use Lawn Monkey Full Service Deluxe also. Glad to see you utilizing so much of the program. I am currently only using 10%, or less. So, do you use the accounting features as well as all the job costing features? PM me with you email address, if you don't mind. I might have to email you with some questions from time to time. The Alocet forum is so slow and could take weeks for people to respond.

Thanks
    Matt

PS I already have a few opinions I would like to ask....lol

10. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

could you post the web site for lawn monkey? or pm me thanks. i've been using excell and having to keep a masive paper log.