1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by c5vetteracer, Dec 13, 2006.

1. c5vetteracer

c5vetteracer LawnSite Member

Can any one give me feedback on some of the software available for routing/accounting, especially CLIP?:hammerhead:
  2. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have never use Clip either. Gopher software is easy to learn and use. You can donwload the program free and try it out for 30 days.
  3. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I have qCLIP Classic.

It's main purpose for your business is to manage it. To track projects and the money from every angle.

I think it is powerful in that respect, and I have it to track job costing without doing it manually, but I do have a couple of issues with it. One of which is being dealt with for 2007.

Here are my issues.

1. You can have only one window open at a time. They are rewriting their User Interface, to be released some time in 2007. I wish I could have serveral different windows open and jump from one to the next without always back-tracking.

2. In certain cases, such as job list, you cannot move the job up or down within the list. Let me explain.

They have snow plowing as a default job in the job list.
    They have plowing 0-2"
    Plowing 3-6 inches, etc.

I wanted to add Snow Plowing of sidewalks-ATV. I wanted it to go under snow plowing. When I added it, it for some reason took slot 6. I changed the number and could only put it last in the list of jobs. I could not just put it into the slot I wanted it to take and give it a number and shift all numbers under it down one.

CLIP is always improving and changing and soon the interface will be with multiple windows. I can't wait.

But as far as software is concerned I will overlook preference of cosmetics for the powerful functionality when it comes to knowing what is going on when my business is grown to being much larger than just myself.

It will really prove itself valuable when I have Time Tracking, GPS, etc going through the program.

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

There are lots of good business software out there, I currently use Quick Books Pro and been using it since 98 with no problems. If your looking for software that is designed for the green industry only then try .. Gopher, Lawnpro, Groundskeeper Pro are just a few of the good programs out there.
  5. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I should have mentioned, CLIP manuals are written fairly well.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawn pro has improved over the last year thumbs up.
  7. rgs

rgs Inactive

8. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

Iuse quickbooks pro for accounting and qxpress for routing. I really like qxepress and think its a great peice of software. Its almost identical to quickbooks and has alot of options.
  9. rgs

rgs Inactive

well just let me know if there is an interest and I can schedule an on line demo - its free.... speaking of Free
    My boss Joe Kucik is doing a Free Marketing Seminar this year check out the website and sign up. www.realgreen.com
  10. J&T Kiev

J&T Kiev LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.W In.

The combination of Quick Books Pro for the accounting end, QXpress for routing , works exceptionally well for me. Both softwares interact seamlessly.