Software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Kelly Landscaping, Dec 1, 2001.

1. Kelly Landscaping

Kelly Landscaping LawnSite Member

I am sick of spending many hours at the end of each month preparing statements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am in the market for computer software.
    My skills are NOT with a computer.

HELP ME!

ADVISE ME!

SHOW ME THE WAY!

2. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

See the using Quickbooks Pro thread

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Kelly

I use Quickbooks Pro. But I am dumb about bookeeping. So I hired a bookkeeper to set up the whole thing. They also trained me on the system. Now with the click of the mouse I can bring up all kinds of info that tells me how my business is doing. It tells me what areas are making money and how much they make. If you have to hire a person part time to help each month. Tax time will be a lot nicer and the control it gives you will make up for the expense. Good Luck

4. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Quickbooks is good, and easy to use, but when I looked at it years ago, it did not use GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) If you're hiring a bookkeeper or accountant, this may be a big deal. Consider Peachtree. You can also check out CLIP or Lawn Monkey, which can handle the routing and scheduling, as well as act as an AR module.

If you don't want to drop the $$, you can buy a copy of Microsoft Works. It has a tutorial in it which will show you how to set up a database, and use mail merge to import data from the data base to a generic statment you can customize or create from templates. Kind of a PITA to get set up, but it's easy to use once you do, it's cheaper, it's something you can customize, and it doesn't have the limitations like CLIP.