Software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kenneth parsons, Nov 4, 2002.

1. kenneth parsons

kenneth parsons LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a comprehensive/economical/industry based program to track customer base, job scheduling, invoicing and generate P & L, and balance sheets. I've been "solo" for 12 years and retire from military on Friday after 20+ years. Been tracking everything in tablets, but I know there is a better way...what are you using and has it solved your problems?

Thanks

2. anthony

anthony Guest

3. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

This will probably get moved to "Elements of Business" but I would recommend GroundsKeepr Pro 2000 from www.adkad.com
    Been using it now for about 2 years and as compared to the much more expensive programs, it is worth every penny for small to even medium size companies. Tech support is great and FREE, and they get you going right away if you ever have a problem. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles like the other programs out there that cost 3 times as much, but definately has enough for the average landscape maintenance/design/irrigation/chemical application company.

4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I have tried Groundskeeper PRO 2000 demo. How much is it?

5. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I believe it is currently at about $370 for GK Pro 2000, they have instituted a nominal update fee of $20 per which would come to about $40 if they stay consistant with the bi-annual updates. They are curently working on a new software version which will be much more comprehensive and easy to use, but that is still at least a year off ... and will be more expensive but still less than the other offerings in its class at $1000 or more.

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I am steering towards Lawn Monkey, but still undecided. Do a search, go to the websites, download/request demos, and just decide for yourself. There are MANY MANY opinionson here what works best for their applications and learning curve. I seen price ranging from $35 to $7400.

MATT

7. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I am using Quickboks Pro and Qxpress for scheduling, and routing, etc.
    The combination works great together.
    Not to mention the customer support from alocet is second to no one. They are tops in my books.:D
    Look at the demo www.alocet.com

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

The bad thing about Qxpress is that you can't demo their product without having Quick Books first. Maybe a guy can get a demo of Quick Books and then try loading a demo of Qxpress......not sure if this would work. I have used Quicken/Quicken Business for over ten years and can say this is a fine product. In my area it is not hard to find community classes on how to use Quick Books. Does anyone know if the 2 demo interact with each other?????

9. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

I think QB comes with a money back 30 day trial. I bought it last year and then got the Alocet QX demo.

I did this becasue I like the power and ease of QB and ability to do our own payroll.

QXpress is a good product. Excellent for general lawn care and landscaping. Still needs improvement to get where I want it for appt scheduling intensive, recurring service work like irrigation or any other kind of repeat service work done on an appt basis.

You also have 150 fields you can customize for data specific to your work. That is great for me in irrigation where we keep all kinds of job site equipment location, connection location, type, valves, controllers etc.

10. kenneth parsons

kenneth parsons LawnSite Member

Thanks! I figured this thread would get bumped to this forum and get less attention than I wanted from Commercial Lawn Maintenance. The answer is just as I figured, ask 10 folks, get 10 different answers. Any techno geniuses mowing lawns could make a fortune if they developed something we all liked! I'm leaning toward Groundskeeper Pro, economical and free updates.