software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kimh, Oct 13, 2013.

1. kimh

kimh LawnSite Member
    from Avon MN

Looking at updating our software...actually NEED TO update the software we are currently using it is 20+ years old (Alpha). We specialize in fertilizing & weed control We have approximately 4,000 customers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. snomaha

snomaha LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Accounting - scheduling - routing, or all?

3. kimh

kimh LawnSite Member
    from Avon MN

Everything I would love it if I could find something that worked all in one Right now I enter the deposit in an excel worksheet where we separate the price out entering the base price and tax Then I enter the payment again in the customer's account.

4. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

The literally HUNDREDS of times this same question has been posted you couldn't find anything in a search?
    Real Green Service Assistant (I just switched to this in July)
    qxpress (just switched FROM this...don't recommend as their support has fallen WAY off)
    Clip
    Jobber
    Service Autopilot
    Wavesync
    Evergreen
    Plenty more

And get this.....I found them all by doing a search using the word....Wait for it.... SOFTWARE.

5. kimh

kimh LawnSite Member
    from Avon MN

Gee... thanks so much...and yes I have done my own research for software Just wanted to get input from others on what they liked the most

6. Laurel Leaf

Laurel Leaf LawnSite Member

I am doing the free trail for jobber right now. It is pretty good, I wish it was cheaper though....,
    I still am searching too.

7. Jobber

Jobber Sponsor

Jobber checking in!

Our customer success team is more than happy to answer any questions that anyone might have, so don't hesitate to send us an e-mail at support@getjobber.com or call us toll free at 1-888-721-1115.

@Laurel Leaf: I think you'll find that our pricing is actually some of the lowest in the industry!

Cheers,
    Sam @ Jobber

8. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

Gopher isn't bad for the price, you pay for it once and thats it. i am pretty sure it was under $300. No support though. No upgrades in sight i'm sure. Its fairly easy to use, and has alot of good features. I've been sticking with that, and i like it for now.

I also used the jobber trial, its a great software too. It just wasn't a good fit for me right now.

9. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I use Gopher and QuickBooks. Works alright. Only problem I have is that sometimes Gopher gets a database error and won't open. Can be annoying when you want to get some work done.