1. EPP200

EPP200 LawnSite Member

I have seen threads talking about what software is out there. I received "Blizzard Buster" demo a few days ago and and have been messing around with it. I am no were near a computer type guy so my QUESTION is:

Is anyone else out there actually using BLIZZARD BUSTER for their snow business and if so what is good about the program and what is bad about the program. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ED

2. JCurtis

JCurtis LawnSite Senior Member

I too looked at the program. Itslooks ok for a contractor that has seasonal contracts or per push contracts. but makes no provisions for T&M (hourly rates per vehicle or piece of equipment.)

Since I have some accounts that are hourly ( Blizzard buster is no good for me. I contacted ADKAD Technologies a to see if they would be willing to upgrade their next version to includes that option. They suggested I buy their other program "groundskeeper pro" at over $100.00 more.

I refuse to do that.

Look into Quickbooks pro or CLIPS

I am still evaluating which one to buy myself.

Good Luck

3. EPP200

EPP200 LawnSite Member

JC,
    THANKS for the input. I'll look at the one's you mentioned.

ED

4. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

i have the pro version now but started a few years ago w/ the blizzard buster

i like the program for it simplicity and cost but these factors also limit it to the functions i cannot get graphing or other helpful number crunching data yet

other programs do this but are hundreds if not thousands more

i will stay with adkad for now until my volume commands other functions(which they are improving and adding all the time)

good program, good support, good price

if you have specific q's you can call me
    330-686-3850

5. Snow Pro

Snow Pro LawnSite Member

The recommendation for QuickBooks Pro is a good one. I think it's the world's #1 selling accounting software. I've been using Quicken since 1985, upgrading every few years to the new and improved version.

Where can I get info on this Blizzard Buster? Does it do bids and accounting and something else? Do they offer a sample CD like CLIP does?

6. EPP200

EPP200 LawnSite Member

SNOW PRO,
    You can find Blizzard Buster at their website which is:

http://www.adkad.com

They offer a free demo download or you can have them mail you a free demo (comes in 1 CD). I did the 1 CD free demo.

The website will list the programs features, and so forth.

ED