1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by thomsoutdoor, Mar 10, 2005.

1. thomsoutdoor

thomsoutdoor LawnSite Platinum Member

Looking to purchase a software package this year and would like to here some feedback hopefully before I buy. Presently I am trying Gopher which seems OK. Just started looking at Groundskeeper Pro which also looks nice. Looked at Clip but they don't give the price and the last time I check they were expensive. I basically do maintenance but my intentions are to phase out maintenance and do mainly applications. Yes I am licensed. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thom's Outdoor/ProGreen
  2. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

we use real green

probably the most expensive software on the market...but you will never out grow it

we have looked at the products you mention....dollar for dollar i feel realgreen is a much better value

think of software as any other tool you may buy. dont skimp on price just to 'get by' with a product you know you will need to replace as you get busier.

also, the learning curve is more difficult with some software than others. buy now as you have time to deal with the learning proccess
  3. ns400r

ns400r LawnSite Member

KLR, do you think March 10 allows enought time to learn that program for this spring?
  4. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

sure, if you have any amount of computer savvy.
    me, i have no computer savvy but the program really isnt hard to learn.

toughest thing for this time of year is entering all your accounts...this can be time consuming, depending on your customer count. And putting in thought in setting up the parameters can also be time consuming.(when you're getting geared up for rnd 1 setting up new software can be stressful)

we've been using LA3 version for a few years now. I did use the older LA2 version prior. it was about this time of year when we got the LA3 and i did put in some late nights setting it up, but once you get your parameters set up and enter all the customer info....its a piece of cake
  5. ns400r

ns400r LawnSite Member

I wonder how Gary is doing with his real green package, I bet his office is filling up since you have been down there.

Are you still getting lost around 146?
  6. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

heh heh heh, the nothern calif location definately threw me off! Good to see ya back.
    nothern calif....good one :)
  7. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I use Quickbooks for my accounting and Microsoft Access/Word to manage my routes and mass mailings. I do mostly applications. You can sort by city/street. I hired a friend to shorten the learning curve on the Microsoft software. I have never really looked at other software.