1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

soil conditioner info

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by WellsLandscaping, Dec 8, 2008.

1. WellsLandscaping

WellsLandscaping LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever used a soil conditioner or "Harley Rake"? Any feedback about results would be appreciated.

2. cddva

cddva LawnSite Member

My experience with a Harley Rake is this; it works exactly as advertised. It rakes, fine grades and pulverizes and leaves a perfect seedbed for new lawns all with one attachment and much faster and simpler than using other attachments. I've used the tractor 3 point hitch model and the hydraulic skid steer model and they both get the job done.

3. Summit L & D

Summit L & D LawnSite Senior Member

Both are fantastic! Demo both and you'll figure out which one you need more.

4. SellingIron

SellingIron LawnSite Senior Member
    from FTE

Soil Conditioners work great in Fl. Use to rip up dead sod or smooth out rutts in the dirt...
    84" with angle left to right from the thumb switch...

5. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Do a search there is a ton of posts on them.

6. Nelson M Martin

Nelson M Martin LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Not to hijack this thread...i am curiuos if anyone on here is familiar with the hydraulic valve on a harley rake for skid mount?
    They have one to anlge the rake left and right...12 volt operated
    i have seen one small used harley rake and thot the valve might be useful in some other applications for skid steer mount attachments (ie. snow blower hood turner etc.)

7. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Love harley rakes, best tool I've stumbled onto in the last few years.Easy to run but takes a while to really realize how much you can do.

8. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

9. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Excellent attachment. There is a company up here in Wisconsin by the name of Nortec that makes a slightly lower cost soil conditioner that works very well too.