Soil Conditions Matter???

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Smallaxe, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Its about soil structure, and soil structure alone... keeping soil structure simple... and if the plumber is sick of providing information then the plumber doesn't have to even start on my threads... I really wish I could have the moderators keep him off my back... :)

2. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

Small,
    You seem to be having a problem in your yard which is mostly clay. Did you add sand to it?

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Why doesn't it surprise me you want to censor anyone who disagrees with you or points out your inaccurate information. I might stay out of your threads, and I try to now given the almost irresistible urge to gouge my eyes out after reading your posts from the shear amount of bad information. But alas, I still care a little about the users of this site getting at least some accurate information. If you don't want to read my posts then make use of the ignore feature.

4. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

Oddly enough in the Texas Turf Association publication is an article about some research being done at A&M about irrigation and run off. They basically covered the soak cycle concept but I get the feeling the research is more about what is carried off the lawns with different soil structures and owner activies.

They seem to be testing for fecal coliforms as well as fertilizers and other things that will impact surface water.

5. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Some really good information posted in the last weeks. I will continue to add more OM this season and keep an eye on the OM % on the soil tests.

The N restrictions should help as well.

http://permaculturenews.org/2012/01/04/hugelkultur-composting-whole-trees-with-ease/

This website was helpful with better understanding of "Soil Structure" and the Greening The Desert Video is a must see IMHO.

Cheers from New Jersey.

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I have already established a soil structure article and have made comments regarding it... a discussion about soil structure is what would be desirable,,, but we haven't had a discussion about soil structure,,, even at the starting point...
    If something constructive to the soil structure discussion as started in the post, then I missed it... it was hijacked right from the beginning with URLs about other articles, arguements about something off topic, and snotty remarks from a plumber who claims he's helping the other users... even by formulating 2 REASONS that soil structure could be enhanced with one method... there were no counterpoints in which people could benefit from but only snotty remarks from the eye gouging plumber... this is all normal behavior for y'all - but not for me... it is just too stupid...

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

blah, blah, blah. If you spent less time whining and complaining and more time learning then we would all benefit.

8. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Smallaxe,

After over 100 posts on this thread, and no replies to your attempt to restart it under Lawn Maintenance you may want to reconsider how you are expressing your point of view.

9. kennc38

kennc38 LawnSite Senior Member

So your posts have only been about soil structure? Really now?? Let's take a look and follow the rabbit if you can...

First post: Soil structure, Soil texture, Organic products, and Condescension/Whining

Thatch and Perculation

Nitrogen, Surface root growth, Aeration

Thatch (again), Irrigation

Soil below surface (1", 2" 3" down)

Thatch (again), Irrigation (again)

Fertilizer, Maintenance Plans, Irrigation (again)

Irrigation (again), Perculation, Retention, Rootzone Vitality

Irrigation (again), Condescension (again)

More Condescension

CEC, Air/Moisture Ratio, Organic Ferts, Synthetic Ferts, More Condescension

More Condescension, Fungal Disease

More Irrigation, More Condescension

More Irrigation, More Condescension, Enviromental Factors

Even MORE Condescension

And MORE Condescension

More Condescension/Whining

More Irrigation, More Condescension/Whining

Rain Forests

More Condescension/Whining

Irrigation (Again)

Irrigation (Again), Microbes (Again)

Irrigation (Again), Condescension/Whining (Again)

Whining

And even MORE Condescension...

And even more Condescension/Whining...

Where will the next rabbit pop up??:confused:

10. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Well that was a painful recap.:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.