Soil Cultivator/preparator

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Strawbridge Lawn, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have been looking at the Harley Rake and other soil cultivators
    as potential implements for my ASL300.
    The TOOL that impresses me the most is the Soil Cultivator for the Toro Dingo. One pass prep for seed or sod.
    Although this is slightly narrower than my machine, all the hydraulic data is within specs. All I would need is a UQA plate welded on it.
    Anyone know where I can buy one of these besides Toro? Is someone making them for Toro? If so who??

Thank You

2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Find your local Dingo dealer. I don't think anyone else would be selling Dingo attachments, unless you can find something used.

Dan

3. snipandclipky

snipandclipky LawnSite Member
    from ky

i believe rotardarion?

4. D Felix

Just had a thought.... See what you can find in the way of a Howard tiller, if you are interested in something like that. They can probably customize one with a mounting plate if your machine has a unique method of attachment (I don't think it does though?)

I may be able to get you a phone number on Monday, though an internet search should turn up something.

5. Strawbridge Lawn

I called the Toro rep in Richmond VA. and he noted that the
    Dingo Soil Cultivastor was a Rotodarion? I think it is french made.
    A 5,000 price tag!!! This is actually two machines in one for
    it tills down to 5" and cultivates and grinds material up in one pass. The Rep said there was a guy who has modified the attachment to fit a SS UQA so will try to get this info and start saving $$

6. D Felix

Kinda sounds like a Blecavator (not sure of the manufacturer).

I think Howard makes something similar, check them out. They've been making tillers for a long time and know how to do it. Let me know if you want a phone number, I'll have to see what I can dig up tomorrow (Monday).

Dan

7. Robert T

Robert T LawnSite Member

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

get a reverse rotation tiller it will do almost the same thing with a lot less cost

9. Strawbridge Lawn

Robert T: Thanks for the link. Rotodarion makes the soil cultivator for the Dingo, but they do not have it on their web page or I could not find it. Most are PTO units here.
    Will check with Howard.
    Bobcat's smallest tiller attachment for SS will fit my machine, but my concern is that it will not be smoothe enough to to sod over.
    I have an 8,000 SQR FT area to kill, till and sod. Bobcat of Norfolk has it for $85.00 p/day.

10. Strawbridge Lawn

D Felix: The Blecavator is PTO powered and that will not work with this machine. Aux Hydraulic attachments.