Lawn Care Forum banner

Soil Sterilizer

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  cgaengineer 
#1 ·
Anyone working with a soil sterilizer on Southern grasses? We've been using Sarah and Mohave. I am looking for feedback on what others have been using and results that you've been getting. Lately I have not been getting the control that I have been over the last five years.

#4 ·
Southern grasses will be controlled long term by the high rate of Krovar. Warning, this will also kill trees that have their roots in the treated area.

#5 ·
Sahara and Scythe mixed at recommended label rates with a decent surfactant and pH buffer gives me almost six months of control in unirrigated areas like r-o-w's.

No way will I use this stuff near trees or in an environment prone to lateral movement in the soil causing off-target effects. I saw where a school employee sprayed this same mixture around and under a large Oak tree. Four months later they had to cut the tree down - all the while "scratching" their heads trying to figure out what killed the tree.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.