1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Soil Test Advice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by fall46, Sep 8, 2007.

1. fall46

fall46 LawnSite Member

I have some 20-27-5
    0-0-50 Sulfate of Potash
    40 lbs of lime

Small area 1200. We sprayed with ghylsophate and will powerake and then overseeding with bluegrass

Could anyone recommend a good fert combo. I would like to apply half before I power rake. I would hope the poweraking would help incorporate into soil, and the apply the rest after I got down the seed .

Attached Files:

2. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Might be a good idea to use 70/30 blue/rye...the blue will always be dominant and the rye will look great down to some really cold temps.
  3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Fall 46,

Looks like your soil test is pretty darn good!

All you need is some lime before planting.

You could use your higher P as a starter and then follow up with the higher N when the lawn is established.

Good Luck!
  4. lescojdl

lescojdl LawnSite Member

You only need about 5 pounds of the 20-27-5 and maybe a couple pounds of the 0-0-50. I would save the 29-0-4 for next year. Be careful about the phosphorus restrictions there in Minnesota. You can use it only for new establishments, so you may want to load on a 0-46-0 now since you won't be able to next year. You only need to apply 5 pounds of the lime as well. Good luck.