soil test questions

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by LawnCrazy, Jun 26, 2008.

1. LawnCrazy

LawnCrazy LawnSite Member

I recently sent off some soil samples to the state agronmics division.I got them back today but I have no idea what they mean can anyone help me. Thanks in advance for any help.I have attached the results and what all the abbreviations mean.

Attached Files:

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

PH of 4.8 suprising where you live

did they give you the decoder ring to be able to understand it? the Ca to Mg ratio stands out for a lawn

The Ph of 6.2 (compared to the 4.8) at the bottom is a little different

Call them, ask is it 4.8 or 6.2

I need a decoder ring for that one

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

4. dtally

dtally LawnSite Member
    Male, from Rock Hill, SC

Since we are on soil test, I have one I need a little help on as well. It seems to me the numbers are all over the place, and I am not sure what to do. I have been researching on the Internet, but this may be faster.

Attached Files:

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

6. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

lawn, the cec is low the ca mg is off, the potassium is low and what happened to the PH:cry:

dtally, calcium potassium and some OM.

soft rock phosphate, oyster shells(crushed) and compost.....a little char and lime wont hurt...

7. dtally

dtally LawnSite Member
    Male, from Rock Hill, SC

I thought I was the only night owl. Thanks

8. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

got almost 2000 gallons of tea on now. I sit on it like a mother hen till its done

9. LawnCrazy

LawnCrazy LawnSite Member

ICT bill the top number for Ph is for the samples out of my frint yard and bottom is for my back

10. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

LawnCrazy:
    What part of Greenville are you in? My wife and I were through there last week (during vacation) to visit some of my daughter's friends. They live in a new development in Winterville. From what I could see, its the same old contractor's practice of removing topsoil from the site and just using fill around the new homes. This would almost guarentee poor results in your soil tests.