Soil test results

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Above Par Lawns, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

With a soil test like that, you should be growing an excellent lawn as long as drainage/retention is good and N is adequately supplied in a timely fashion... after second mowing is about as perfect as one could ask in cool season grasses...
    When you apply 5-0-5, you might normally apply at .5lbs/k or higher... what is your application of N per 1000 sq.ft.???
    The reason I ask is because that is going to be equal to the amount of K you're going to be adding as well...

2. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Fertrell recommends using 6-10lbs per 1000.

3. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

sorry I think I read that question wrong. I will be applying 5 pounds of the 505 per 1000 square feet. I believe that comes out to about a quarter poundPer thousand available nitrogen and potassium.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I agree,,, that is what it means... 20 pounds of product will apply 1 pound of N... 5 pounds of product per k = .25 lbs of N/k...
    The thing I'm most curious about is why we would want that much P or K with each application... I look at P & K as additional expense and possible pollution,,, especially with the current Soil Report... :)