Soil Testing for Gas/Oil contamination...

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by RLSLandscaping, May 20, 2006.

1. RLSLandscaping

RLSLandscaping LawnSite Member

hey fellas ok here is the scoop...a drunk driver crashed through my buds stonewall and over the front yard into the driveway wrecking his new pick-up truck...anyways I told the insurance company that we had to find any contaminated soil in respect to "Car Fluids" in the front yard soil...
    WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO FIND THESE FLUIDS (GAS,OIL,RADIATOR,BRAKE) IN THE SOIL? I WAS THINKING OF TAKING NUMEROUS SAMPLES AND HAVING THE "LAB" AT
    UMASS GO OVER IT...DOES THIS MAKE SENSE TO ANYONE? I DON'T THINK MY REGULAR SOIL TEST WILL HELP IN THIS RESPECT!

2. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Contact the guys' insurance company and tell them that you are contracting an environmental cleanup company to test the soil. Clean Harbors is good, as is Fuss and O'Neill. Find them boh on the net. If there is contamination, the soil will have to be hauled away, requiring special permits, and alot of other EPA crap. It get veerrrry expensive, so make sure the drunkard's insurance is paying for it. If the dirt bag had none, you are on your own. It can cost thousands to clean up a minor spill.

3. RLSLandscaping

RLSLandscaping LawnSite Member

thanks bro I got the site...I appreciate the help!