Soil testing web site...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Oct 16, 2000.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I received a package today for Spectrum Analytic, Inc. Looks like a good source for soil testing for any of you who may not have access to a testing facility. Very good info in the packet and on the web site: http://www.spectrumanalytic.com/

2. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

Do they say how much it cost in the packet they sent you the web site does not say anything about it.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

No Chuck it does not, I looked all over it. It says call 1-800-321-1562 for info. The info pack they sent had 5 different articles that are great information on soil conditions and how to read a soil test. I would highly recommend anyone looking for this type of info call and request one. Not sure how they found me, I didn't request one? Good reading.

4. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks i will give them a call tomarrow.

5. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Kirby:

GREAT LINK! This is what lawnsite needs more of. That site is now on my fav list. I want to study it and get all i can from it. It would go great in my "Learning Lawncare" thread i just started.

Thanks Again
    Acute Cut

6. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

I found this post when I was searching for information on soil testing. This is a great company -- I just called them for more information. Their website doesn't offer prices but he quoted me $8.25 for a very comprehensive test that included pH, Lime Index, Organic Matter, Phosphorus, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium and Cation Exchange Capacity.

One great point is two day turna around time by the time they get it. Results e-mailed directly to your computer and ready to hand to a customer along with possible upsells!

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

That is where I get all of my soil test kits at

8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

One great point is two day turna around time by the time they get it. Results e-mailed directly to your computer and ready to hand to a customer along with possible upsells!

I like that service.

9. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Another good lab I found was called:

Mowers Plus Soil Testing

Their basic test is $7.50. They have a website at www.mowersplus.com.

They said two week turn around -- fairly typical.

10. Ricky

Ricky LawnSite Member

Good site thanks Ray

Hey guys, don't forget your local Co. Extension Off........4 bucks here..........not quite as much info but not bad. :)