Soil Testing

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by adawg88, Apr 16, 2006.

1. adawg88

adawg88 LawnSite Member
    from MI

Hello. I am interested in soil testing and I hear Lesco sales centers will do this for customers. I was wondering if this is something that is done on-site while you wait (is that possible) or does it take weeks for it to be sent off? The local extension service takes 3 - 4 weeks and I am looking for a way to reduce that turn around time. The extension service charges $15, is LEsco competitive with that?

Thanks!

2. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

All LESCO Service Centers do offer soil testing services. All you need to do is go into the store with your soil samples and they'll take care of the rest. If you need the soil sample bags, the store will have those available for you as well.

The samples are sent off as soon as they are received in the store, and results don't usually take more than a week or two.

For more information, you might want to check out the article LESCO's Tech Services Department wrote for this month's issue of Lawn & Landscape. You can view the article at:
    http://www.lawnandlandscape.com/articles/article.asp?MagID=1&ID=3026&IssueID=166

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Bob

Bob West
    LESCO