1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

soil testing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dwc, Jan 21, 2004.

1. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering where is the best place to send in soil for testing. I have saw several labs but was wondering who's the best and who is the best price. Also, other than ph, what other tests do everyone run. The grass here is bermuda.

2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

3. NCL

NCL LawnSite Member
    from NJ

If you have a lesco near by use them if not try your local agriculture extnsion.
  4. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

How much is the T2 or T3 test? I looked all over their site but could not find a price.

5. harris labs in nebraska
  6. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I'm not sure on pricing, Just heard others talking about that site and thought I would pass along the info.
  7. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I go to my county extension office. They send it to the University of Georgia. Get it back in about 10 days. Cost is $8.00
  8. BB36

BB36 LawnSite Member

Go to recent thread " Fescue lawn being taken over by moss"
  9. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

Most of the time you will have many different options avail to you. Dif Labs have dif test, dif price, how fast you want it and how detailed will also questions asked. You will need to pick the best one that fits your needs as well as your wallet!