Solar powered lighting

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by grassmasterswilson, May 8, 2013.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I'm looking into lifting for my personal home. We just did the landscape and its not mature yet.

I'm a lawn guy and wondered if solar powered lightin. Was worth it? I've got plenty of sun and would like to try it myself.

If it works can you tell me some good brands? Where to purchase?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Don't waste your money.

3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

What is currently available in solar should not even be classified as lighting. It's nothing but a gimmick by the big box stores.

4. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

Quite the gimmick !! I am amazed (and nauseated) by the amount of those lights flying off the shelves. There seems to be a never-ending supply of suckers.

5. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey grass, if you are close by I will be more then happy to give you a price on doing your lights. I'm in Mebane..

6. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

I concur with what others have said. Running electrical wire is the only way to have an acceptable lighting system.

7. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

ill admit that I tried two of the brightest solar spotlights I could find, and they are marginally bright. But at 50 bucks, they are hardly worth it.

The smaller stuff is not even lighting, its an accent. I also don't like the white light provided by the LEDs. Its not as warm and inviting as a low voltage system in my opinion.

8. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Thanks. I'm east of Raleigh so it's about 2-3 hours from you. Not close enough I would think.
    Posted via Mobile Device