SOLAR SYNC by Hunter

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CANADIAN MIKE, Mar 5, 2009.

1. CANADIAN MIKE

CANADIAN MIKE LawnSite Member

Here's another one for you guys, hunter's come out with this solar sync that's suppose to adjust your controller through out the season, suppose to replace the rain sensor. Can only be used with the PRO-C and ICC. What do you think?

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Check back with me in 2 months. Hunter rep is going to give me one and Im going to install it at my house.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

On sale at Ewing right now. I think about $62. TomTom and I talked with the Hunter guy at the ProGreen expo. If I remember right he was one of the designers of it. Sounds interesting.

4. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

62? not bad.

Did it adjust the controller via temperature changes? I don't remember.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure. Hey - Ewing has some other good sales this month. 3/4" PVB $42. Now if that damn RP would go down in price. Pretty proud of those I guess.

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

So does it have a rain sensor, or is it going off some wireless weather signal? At least here and in AZ, you cant count on a storm that brings 2" of rain a mile away to bring a drop to your property. There is no substitute for on site rain or moisture sensors.

7. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen them as low as 36 this spring. Big difference from last year.

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

WOW! Considering they were around $60 last year, that's huge!! Even at $42 that's a deal though.

9. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

The solar sync is not wireless so you would have to make sure to spend extra time hiding the wire to the sensor if you are used to wireless.

10. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Right. So wires aside, does it provide an onsite rain sensor or what? OP states it is supposed to replace the rain sensor. With what, is my question.