1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sold from flyer

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DynaMow, Feb 13, 2006.

1. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

Passed out flyers to 175 houses in a targeted area. Passed them out last Wed to a neighborhood that my father has delivered mail to for 25 or so years. Guy calls me today, knows my dad for as long as hes lived there (18 years), done deal when I answered the phone. Weekly mow, trim ,edge, blow, with cleanups. I like it, earliest in the year I have ever sold one.

Hitting the same 175 in this hood again this week. Updating flyer a little, I will show when done, realizing that some of those folks one my dads mail route only know him as "Frank the mailman". I am going to use that in some way, BIG. They all love him, I would put his take from x-mas time up against any in country. Last year alone probably $1200 in gift cards, $800 in dining, and more cookies and candies then the whole family could eat.
  2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Congrats on the sale!:)
  3. DynaMow

my target flyer, not sure I like let me hear what you think

06 Spring - picture.JPG
  4. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

I like the flyer. I know you said that Frank the mailman was well known there, but what about trying to make the logo bigger and the Frank the mailman a bit smaller. It's all about name recognition. Just a thought.
  5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Kind of corny, but I like it and think it will work for ya. Does dad give ya special rates on delivering flyers for ya???
  6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Thats great that you signed them up early.I got 2 of my plow customers to commit to landscaping this week.
    With you father knowing lots of people on his mail route it seems like it will help thats for sure.
  7. DynaMow

and he told the next day after i passed my flyers another guy passed out flyers to all the houses. I asked if my flyer was better then this guys, he says oh yeah, his was just typed out with a price of $25.00 a lawn.

Thats great I got this one today for $30

I wished he would pass them out for me, he has a big walking area. but he is all by the book. Hell he would probably turn me in if I used the boxes.

I know kind of corny, am having a hard time trying to make them relate us to each other