Sold My Bobcat 341 Today

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mrsops, Mar 29, 2008.

1. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

sold my bobcat 341 today got 18,000 for it felt it was a good number. so out with the old in with the newww looks like monday i will signing papers with CAT on the 305C CR..

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to the Cat family!

(Hopefully)

3. mrsops

thank you ron as of right now we made up are mind on going with the cat 305 i do alot of digging and the power of the 305 was impressive.. i did like the 337 as well it had alot of power but cat did everything they could to come as close as they can on the price they def did the right thing 100%..

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

The 305C CR is definately a great improvement over the 305CR. My dad has a 303CR that I like, not a bad machine for it's size and it keeps up with others in the size class. But, the 305CR always seemed like it lacked a little, performance wise, compared to Deere/Hitachi, Takeuchi, Kubota, and others. Now the new series seems to kicking the crap out of most everything, I'd say they're almost up there with Takeuchi which has set the bar pretty high.

5. mrsops

your right scag i have talked to many guys near me that have said the same thing you just said its a big improvement the 305c cr over the 305 cr..

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

The 305CR's weren't bad to begin with, they just didn't spec well. For guys who are performance oriented, they weren't a first choice machine. Now the 305C CR on the other hand is a brute, Cat definately improved by at least 60% in my book. Plus, the aux. hydraulic control is on the joystick standard with the current series, where it should be. When we bought our 303CR, it cost us $2K to swap out right hand joysticks and route the electrical. It turned out way nice, wouldn't have it any other way and if we had to do it again, we would, but Cat made it standard equipment on the C's. Not a big deal if you run a breaker or hoe pac, but if you're using the thumb all day, using your foot gets old very fast.

7. mrsops

what was the bucket break out force on the older 305 scag?

8. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I demoed a C304 vs C304CR...no comparsion....I would have bought the TK153 if the new C series hadn't stepped up...I still liked the TK machine....alot.....

9. iron peddler

iron peddler LawnSite Member
    from midwest

305cr=9442 lbs bucket breakout

305ccr=11443

10. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

does your Bobcat dealer treat you different now?