Sold my Lazer... spur of the moment,

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

A homeowner approached me asking if I was looking to sell my mower.......... told him maybe and we discussed a price. I decided to sell it for $4200. It was a '99 60" Lazer with 1800 hours in very good condition. I spent quite a bit in the last year fixing it up by replacing the rear tires, clutch, air ride seat and put on a cannister air filter system. Most recent fix was 2 new hydros.

Do you think it was a good sale? :confused:

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

If he needs another, I will sell him my 99 with the same hours.
    I would be happy to get that price!

3. lowmiler

lowmiler LawnSite Member

I paid $3200 and was given a spare hydro unit for a 99 Lazer 60in w/23hp and 1850 hours. And i would sell it today for around that price.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Tom,

I think you did pretty good.

With out reading how much, I was thinking in my head around $4500 for such a machine.

They sure do loosen up over time. The Newer ones should be better with all the improvements they've made to them.

So your just using the Geriatric Powered 72" Dixie now? No 60" machine?

5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Tommy

Yes.. I've been using the 72" almost exclusively (walk-behinds for a couple of slopes & one gated area) for the last few weeks. Most of my lawns are an acre or better. The Lazer was in the shop for 2+ weeks until yesterday. Let me tell you.. The Lazer feels more like the "geriatric" after riding the Dixie all this time. I will admit that the Lazer does cut a little better and definitely discharges better... however I like the comfort and speed of the Dixie. I have been frustrated over the last couple of weeks getting a good cut from it but after much tweaking.. things are finally turning for the better. The Generac has been very strong so far (knock on wood).

I may even buy another :confused: