Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenGrassEarnsCash, May 30, 2005.

1. GreenGrassEarnsCash

GreenGrassEarnsCash LawnSite Member

I went out to look at a 52" wright stander with a 17 hp kawi on it. it was a 2003 with 350 hrs on it the thing was almost spotless. the scalp wheels needed a little tightening and the blades needed sharpening and the deck needed a bit if scraping nut the mower was in excellent shape. The guy had it listed in the paper for 3500 but he ended up coming off 300 dollars so we agreed on 3200. I'm picking it up tomorrow. I will post picks of it and some of the yards i do with it.
  2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

52 inch deck with only a 17 hp engine thats kinda under powered. My 19/44" setup works great but i still wish for more hp at times. Good luck with it though. I am interested in the 32 stander to replace my wb though so let me know how you like it.
  3. MercyMe

MercyMe LawnSite Member

Not enough power for a 52" stand on machine!
  4. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

It should cut just fine for regular mowing. I think that you will be happy with it. It will be underpowered for the real heavy stuff but that is probably part of a regular day for you.
  5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

You need to get a bigger trailer now.

I used 17hp 52" standers for years. You can get by with them. Just don't plan on cutting down hay fields with them. Normal mowing they work just fine.
  6. GreenGrassEarnsCash

I know i have been looking around and found a dealer who sells Haulmark trailers. He is selling a 6 by 12 for 2,495 brand new! if you go to haulmarks website you can look at the specs. Before i decided to get the stander i was going to get the 7 by 14 but seeing how small and compact the stander is i dont think i will need it. The trailer is called the transport dlx and is listed as " the smart value" I was just wondering if you think this would be heavy duty enough for me?
  7. DGM

DGM LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

I used a haulmar 6x12 for years we had the Ransome ZT100 in it (like a walker) and the other common lawn maintenance needs, and never had a problem. Now it is converted to my R/C Race trailer. Make sure that you get the torque flex axle.
  8. Itsgottobegreen

When getting an enclosed trailer. Always go bigger. Trust me. Mine is 16' and its not big enought. Get the 14 footer. You can pack 3-52" standers on a 14' trailer and still have room for a 21" on it sideways.

Personally I would spend the extra money and get a Wells Cargo. They are the best and will last at least 15 years of everyday use. I love mine.
  9. GreenGrassEarnsCash

well my concern is will a 14 foot trailer be too heavy for 94 gmc ext. cab 1500 pickup? The 14 ft trailer is only 200 bucks more tho so it is very tempting. give me some feedback on this please.
  10. Itsgottobegreen

I tow my 16' dual axel enclosed trailer with a F-150 with the 4.6l V8. Yea the gas gauge drops like a rock towing it. But it can handle it. I do have a sway control system on mine to keep it level.

Also Wells cargo trailers weight more than a haulmark. So you should be able to tow it just fine.