Solid Foil Highlift Blades?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Larry Davis, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Larry Davis

Larry Davis LawnSite Member

To: eXmark Tech. Rep.

I recently purchased the Lazer Z HP, 48" deck, 21 HP Kaw. I mow approx. 3 1/2 acres of mostly tall fescue twice a week with deck height set at 4". After two mowings the underdeck must be scraped to remove buildup. The buildup is not as severe as on the lawn tractor the Lazer replaced but, it is enough to begin affecting quality of cut. My question is: What exactly would I gain (or loose) by installing eXmark's Solid Foil Highlift blades? My local dealer is not sure what advantage, if any, such a change would produce. I do not want to change or alter any factory parts or equipment without your recommendation.
    Thank you.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Larry,

Here are some things that can help. It doesn't sound like your issue is as bad as some. The solid airfoil blade may fix your problem, I think it would help. The solid foil blade seems to reduce the airflow slightly. This can help by not pasting the grass to the deck hard.

Here are some items to check.

(Sharp Blades)
    (Rake), the blade tip should be 1/8-1/4" higher in the back than it is in the front.
    (Full Speed), go though the grass as fast as you can.
    (Slower Blade Tip Speed), slow the throttle down some.
    (Height Of Cut), take off at least 1 inch of grass.
    (Throttle Drop), after a few passes throttle back all the way to allow the grass to drop from the deck.

Hopefully one or more of these will help you with your deck build-up issue.

Thanks, Fred.