Solitare.. Who likes it

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GREEN-UP, Jul 25, 2014.

1. GREEN-UP

GREEN-UP LawnSite Member
    from sw ohio

I have had unbelievable lawns that had been through hell and look awesome. I tried it out late summer/fall last year. It works!! I have lawns that have no grassy weeds on curb to walk this year. Which we all know is the death trap. I will spray again end of year. Expensive, but good results.

2. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

you broadcast this? should be no need if pre is done correctly

3. greenskeeper44

greenskeeper44 LawnSite Senior Member

You must be a sales rep for it....I used it last year and it sucked on crab and broadleaves....great on nuts edge because of the dismiss aspect. Drive xlr8 w/ mso, dismiss, and three way are the best combo for summer weeds

4. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

I noticed a huge reduction the following year in nuts sedge and kyllinga on the lawns I had used solitare on. It also finished of any clover, ground ivy and others I had missed. And does a good job on crabgrass. I spot spray, unless it's all weeds. Average about 1/4 gallon per 1,000.

5. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want a kill all product tribute total is the way to go. Not solitaire
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I've looked into tribute total but based on price I could only use it in a spot spray application.

Think my dealer said it was about $160 per acre
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Young Bros

Young Bros LawnSite Senior Member

We use Solitare every year and love it. We use dimension in the spring. When we have breakthroughs of crabgrass we use Solitare. We also spray any weeds that the ride on can't reach.

8. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Pretty good I think. Works awesome on sedges, good on broadleaves. Crabgrass???? Not so sure. I use it in the early summer when sedges are popping up along with some minor broadleaf breakthrough.

I started a thread http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=428938 asking what guys are using this time of year for cool season grass.

I have Solitaire and would like to use it but I'm kind of apprehensive due to what some on here have posted about it not really killing the crab. I can't afford to spray a turf cleanup 30 days prior to seeding and not have something work well.

9. Dyllan78

Dyllan78 LawnSite Member

just did an with my z spray, worked good on crabgrass, sedges, so so on the broadleaf weeds.