1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

soliticing a potential new customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meathead1134, Sep 22, 2005.

1. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I was mowing this house today and I noticed that the house diagonally from were I was sold last week and the people moved in. I see the home owner out side, so I walk over and introduce myself and hand the guy my business card. We talked for a minunte and I shook his hand and walked away. I called the owner of the house I was cutting and told the him that I introduced myself to his neighbor. He says to me do you know who that was? I said no that is such and such from the New England Patriots. I ended up looking up his number and sure enough bingo that was the guy. I was dumb founded, no I will not say were I was or who the Patriots players name for his privacy.
  2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

then whats the purpose of this thread? you don't hold a bone in front of a dog and expect him not to reach for it..... :waving:
  3. imdawrlus

imdawrlus LawnSite Member

whats wrong with just saying his name??
  4. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

And that's when the quote doubled... payup
  5. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

6. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Yea especially since he just moved in...WOW the phone book is fast out there.
  7. meathead1134

I treat every customer the same no matter house much money they make
  8. meathead1134

It's called privacy, ever hear of it? Last thing I want is somebody knocking at my door all of the time beacuse they know I have some coin. I'm letting the guy live his lifewnormally, I'm sure he already has people bugging him and I'm not going to be one of them
  9. No Lawncares

No Lawncares LawnSite Member

Whats the big deal about telling us his name, your not telling us where he lives.
  10. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

theres a 99.99999999999999999% chance he'll never get on lawnsite, second its not like were all gonna run up to where he lives and knock his door down and tell him meathead told us where you lived.... like i said before, why start a thread if youre not gonna reveal the person. :dizzy: