1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

SOLO? anyone heard of this brand

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenGrassEarnsCash, Aug 26, 2005.

1. GreenGrassEarnsCash

GreenGrassEarnsCash LawnSite Member

was looking on ebay for a trimmer and saw a brand called solo. had never heard of it before. at first i thot it was a homeowner brand but the were selling for like 200-350.

2. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

3. LandscapeSolutions

LandscapeSolutions LawnSite Member

They look to be a good reliable brand. Just make sure you have a dealer nearby if you buy one..............

4. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

My local dealer sells them. When I asked him about them, he said he was trying to phase them out. I guess they're popular overseas.

5. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

dude-- a backpack trimmer LOL WTF-- ive seen it all now .... that thing is cool... i might have to get one just to be the only one walking around with one.... LOL this would be awsome......

6. rmland

rmland LawnSite Member

I have a solo 472, the biggest backpack blower the make. It is quiet and rated one of the highest CFM out there, but I have problems. It bogs down when I need it most and I am very frustrated with it. Also only dealer is about an hour away. I will definatly get a Red Max

7. Mope Head

Mope Head LawnSite Member

I've always known them for their backpack sprayers.

I didn't know they did other equipment.

8. byoung

byoung LawnSite Member

I have had one for a while now... IMHO you can't do much better. I know one of the posts in this thread is having problems and I don't doubt it... but look into other blowers... There is NO shortage of people out there that are 'never' buying another stihl, Echo, RedMax etc...

This thing will make a brick (yes a large red one...) literally dance across my driveway, it's light, comfortable, get's like double the run time of my Br600 - (and does more work!) and is really durable in my opinion. It WILL NOT, however, rev up as quick and twist as hard as some of the others, but over a day, a week etc. for me it simply gets a lot more work done. So for noise and that GTO-like feeling, maybe it's not for you, but if you appreciate understated equipment with exquisite engineering that makes you life easier, than join the club. (and no, I am not a dealer.... just bought one on a whim and can't believe that more people are not!)